The Routledge Introductory Persian Course: Farsi Shirin Ast
Dominic Parviz Brookshaw, Pouneh Shabani Jadidi
|Create Date||اردیبهشت 4, 1390|
|Last Updated||فروردین 8, 1396|
The Routledge Introductory Persian Course: Farsi Shirin Ast is an innovative Persian language course designed both for undergraduate and postgraduate students who are new to the language.
Focusing both on grammatical and communicative competence, the course contains 15 lessons combining authentic dialogues and texts with grammar explanations, exercises and audio materials to guide and support the student through the key skills of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- lively, content-based materials – the language is taught and practiced through a variety of dialogues and texts on the culture, history, and traditions of Iran
- complete vocabulary lists – each vocabulary entry contains the English meaning, the part of speech in Persian, as well as a sample sentence in Persian
- colloquial situational dialogues – students are introduced to spoken Persian from the outset
- carefully controlled exercises – new grammatical points are practiced in a variety of controlled exercises that bridge between students’ existing information and the new information
- audio material – students can develop natural pronunciation by imitating the audio recordings of the vocabulary, dialogues, and texts available freely on the companion website
- glossaries – comprehensive Persian to English and English to Persian glossaries.
The Routledge Introductory Persian Course: Farsi Shirin Ast provides everything that students and instructors need for an engaging and effective learning environment.