Author: Francesca Pridham
The Language of Conversation
The Language of Conversation:
- Analyses exactly what happens during conversation and why
- Discusses the structure, purpose, and features of conversation
- Explores the relationship between speaker and listener
- Examines different kinds of conversation, such as chatroom conversations, extracts from chatshows and everyday conversation
- Provides a clear introduction to technical terms.
The Routledge INTERTEXT series aims to develop readers’ understanding of how texts work. It does this by showing some of the designs and patterns in the language from which they are made, by placing texts within the contexts in which they occur, and by exploring relationships between them.
The series consists of a foundation text, Working with Texts: A core introduction to language analysis, which looks at language aspects essential for the analysis of texts, and a range of satellite texts. These apply aspects of language to a particular topic area in more detail. They complement the core text and can also be used alone, providing the user has the foundation skills furnished by the core text.