Author: Nigel Fabb
Sentence Structure (Language Workbooks)
- introduces the evidence for sentence structure and reveals its purpose
- is based on a problem-solving approach to language
- teaches the reader how to identify word classes, such as noun, preposition and demonstrative
- uses simple tree structures to analyse sentences
- contains numerous exercises to encourage practical skills of sentence analysis
- includes a database and exercises that compare the structure of English with other languages.
The second edition of Sentence Structure has been revised and updated throughout and includes new material on tense, aspect, modality and the verb phrase, whilst the order of topics has been rearranged to improve clarity.